$6,299.00 – Stock Number: H00240
Classic Style. Modern Performance. Retro Price.
Honda’s line of Shadows are some of the most popular cruisers on the road. And one look at the Shadow Aero will tell you why. Classic, retro style, like the spoked wheels, full fenders, and long, chromed mufflers. Thoroughly modern performance courtesy of the 745cc V-twin engine, specially tuned for low-revving torque. And maintenance-reducing features like shaft final drive. Best of all, the Aero is a huge bargain, giving you a big-bike ride without the big-bike price. And it’s a bargain when it comes time to fill up, too. If you’re ready to turn some heads in a big way, and appreciate a bike that’s never going to go out of style, the Aero is the machine for you.
*SRP = $8,240. Does not include $310 in destination charges.
|Emissions ||Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment. |
|Final Drive ||Shaft |
|Ignition ||Digital transistorized with electronic advance |
|Induction ||PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 34mm throttle body |
|Transmission ||Wide-ratio five-speed |
|Bore x Stroke ||79.0mm x 76.0mm |
|Compression Ratio ||9.6:1 |
|Engine ||745cc liquid-cooled 52 degrees V-twin |
|Fuel Capacity ||3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve |
|Fuel Economy ||56 MPG |
|Model ||VT750C |
|Valve Train ||SOHC; three valves per cylinder |
|Brake Front ||Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper |
|Brake Rear ||180.0mm Drum |
|Suspension Front ||41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel |
|Suspension Rear ||Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel |
|Tires Front ||120/90-17 |
|Tires Rear ||160/80-15 |
|Curb Weight ||560 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride) |
|Rake (Caster Angle) ||34° |
|Seat Height ||25.9 inches |
|Trail ||161mm (6.3 inches) |
|Wheelbase ||64.5 inches |
|General Information |
|MPG ||56 MPG – Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. |
|Warranty ||One Year – Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan. |
- 2-Into-2 Exhaust System – Sleek new pipes feature bullet-style mufflers for that classic cruiser style of yesteryear. Large-diameter head pipes and 2-into-2 system design combine to put out true, V-twin cruiser sound.
- Chrome Highlights – Chrome highlights include cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, engine sidecovers, brake and clutch-lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, handlebar, rear shock covers, and more.
- Comfortable Saddle – Broad, low-slung solo seat features a detachable passenger seat.
- Five-Speed Transmission – Wide-ratio five-speed transmission lets you cruise the boulevard at a low, unhurried pace, yet lets you hop on the highway without revving the engine through the roof.
- Front Disc Brake – If there’s one place you DON’T want retro performance, it’s when it comes to your brakes. That’s why we gave the Shadow Aero a 296mm front disc for distinctly modern stopping power.
- Full Front Fender – Wide metal front fender gives the Aero a classic styling touch.
- Low Seat Height – Skimming the pavement at just 25.9 inches, the Aero’s low seat height makes flat-footing it at stoplights or in parking lots a breeze. And the Aero’s narrow seat/tank junction makes it feel even lower.
- Music to Your Ears. – The Aero features a custom two-into-two exhaust system, flowing into bullet-style mufflers. The result is a soul-stirring sound that’s classic V-twin cruiser, making the Aero a bike that sounds as good as it looks.
- Power Player. – There’s nothing like a V-twin when it comes to cruisin’. And the Shadow Aero gets one of our best: a 745cc powerplant that provides plenty of torque and a wide, user-friendly powerband.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) – Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Shadow’s fuel injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
- Shaft Final Drive
- Spoked Wheels – Spoked wheels give the Aero a classic look.
- The Strong, Silent Type. – Cruisers should be about getting out and having fun, not about maintenance headaches. That’s why the Aero’s shaft final drive makes so much sense. Clean, virtually maintenance-free and efficient, it’s the smart choice.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber
- V-Twin Engine – Nothing pumps out the torque like a big V-twin. The Aero’s power makes it perfect for both around-town cruising, commutes, and casual weekend-long rides.